Bill Abbott – Merlin’s Classic Workers(1-2)
Bill Abbott’s Professional Artist Series Presents…
Merlin’s Classic Workers 2 DVD Set
With over 30 years of experience performing and producing thousands of magic shows， international magician Merlin is divulging the professional secrets that have put him at the top of his field. Merlin has shared the stage with a wide range of performers including Jim Carey， Elvis Costello and Alanis Morrissette as well as acting as a magic consultant for TV shows like My Secret Identity and Hollywood movies like The Believers.
Merlin’s Stage Act is action-packed with highly visual magic consisting of classic material performed silently to a hot jazz soundtrack. Merlin’s upbeat style， original presentations and ultra-practical methods honed over 30 years of performance are all revealed on this 2 volume set. Live nightclub performances， studio performances， bonus renaissance performances， in-depth interviews with Bill Abbott and all of the detailed explanations are here. The Classic Workers of stand-up magic taught by a professional artist!
- The Spot Card Surrounded – What’s Next， Dizzy Domino & Dinamo Deluxe have all but been ignored in recent years. Merlin has taken this standard and made it a modern classic with what Michael Close referred to as， “A genuine solution to this effect!” Merlin tips his handling， timing and pacing with this piece revealing all the work， including how to perform the effect completely surrounded!
- Colour Changing Handkerchief – New life is breathed into this gem with a logical “dyeing” motivation and wonderful technique. If you have ever wanted to add this effect to your act， you’ve come to the right teacher! Merlin disects everything from using the right gimmicks， dyeing your own silk handkerchiefs and as an option， a finale featuring the use of a Topit for a squeaky clean ending.
- Jumping & Crawling Flower – Imagine a flower suddenly appears on your lapel， jumps from one lapel to the other and then slowly and eerily crawls back to the other side! The perfect bit of business to give your audiences the experience of magic without saying a word! All the methods are explained and demonstrated.
- The Hydrostatic Glass – Water in a glass tumbler remains suspended upside down with no visible means of support and at the audience’s command it falls into a champagne bucket. Merlin has added an edge to this classic of magic that is worth the price of the DVD!
- The Silk Fountain – The beautiful overflowing ‘fountain’ of silks from the performer’s bare hands is a stage classic. Now you can get the in-depth work on table-loads vs. body loads， a permanent set-up vs. the loose silks set-up and an ingenious use of magnets for the best of both worlds. It’s all here including the burning tissue to silk opener， a unique use of confetti and a surefire handling for the final 6 foot production silk.
- The Professor’s Nightmare Complete – Finally， here is a REAL routine that goes beyond the tired old technique most magicians know all too well. A white ball visibly transforms into three different sized ropes， ropes are transformed into the same size and finally they are stretched into one long piece.
- The Salt Pour – Merlin uses this effect as a closer and it’s easy to see why. Brilliant technique combined with a spectacular finish makes this routine an unforgettable audience favourite. Various gimmicks and handlings are examined， the salt vanish and reappearance is dissected in great detail and the long pour is completely explained.
- The Butterflies – There is almost NO real work on the classic butterfly trick in print or on video. Now ALL of the work is revealed from various thread handling techniques， rehearsing with and without a thread and various steals for the final ‘snow storm’ of butterflies is described. The Butterflies is one of the most beautiful effects you could ever add to your repertoire.
Running Time Approx. 4 hours